Wednesday 16 November 2011

Change

Substitution , alteration , difference , modification , transformation are all different words commonly used for one .. Change ! As November quickly passes we are soon in the final month of the year. Where individuals commonly suffer a particular disorder which I like to call "Changeitis". This annual epidemic occurs predominantly in the month of December and the early weeks of January. As the year ends , there is increase drive to make changes for the new year ..well at least a strong intention to do so.  I have to admit I am an acute sufferer of this particular ailment . With excitement I purchase and prepare myself for this epic change I have envisaged - some may refer to this period as also procrastination! Come crunch time and I hear this little voice in my head say...." hmm this is  a little hard " or " I dont think i can really implement this change, gosh this is too hard" and I might surrender to my Inner critic and another resolution may go to the side! 

The funny thing is ( which I learnt from a wise soul while on a 5 day Vipassana ) we are constantly changing. As Pema Chodron says 

"We are continually changing , impermanent , dynamic beings "

As human beings our cells are constantly dividing ,our muscles are growing , at every moment there is change which I am just not present to ! 

We are as constant as a train station - we are already and always changing we just dont realise it! So if you think about it ,  if we are innately changing  then intentional change really isnt impossible! We just need to harness and support the change ! Your change can be  career orientated , relationship based or personal spiritual growth..what ever it is here are a few tools I find that help me and please feel free to share your change tools :)


  • Identify and Place your Intention 
  •  Get your vision right  Just like in project or business planning you need a mission and vision statement , write yourself one! 
  •  Set yourself realistic and honest goals... no one is judging you so take it at your own pace.
  •  Build a team around your goal! Get a close friend or partner on board to cheer you on and keep you accountable. Surrounding yourself with individuals with the similar goals will help too. 
  •  Self loving and gratitude! Make sure to let yourself know you are doing a great job!
  •  The "Edge" Strategy When struggle approaches ask yourself what am I going to do? .. am I going to create a story about this struggle , stare at others , space out or abandon myself? Remember like each moment passes so will the struggle! 

I recently discovered this AWESOME online goal setting program ! Totally appeals to my earthy side ! Mindbloom fuses inspiration and goal setting by taking you into a your own garden of possibility. Through an interactive story line , Mindbloom helps you create your vision and connects you with the inspiration and tools you need to achieve your goals. I love the symbolism of the Tree of Life and how you can identify the areas in your life that are most important to you! This program helps you set goals that speak to you who you are and provides the support through social integration! 



Happy growing ! 





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. am glad i read this. Often, some individuals, including myself, find it difficult to keep up with goals as sometimes we get carried away and lose focus. I hope next year i will get a greater picture and a better year.

    Then again, there's still December to go and miracles do happen eh =))

    thankx shantz for continuing to inspire

    Love,
    Pegs moomoo

    ReplyDelete